This policy was last reviewed and updated: 28th September, 2023
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information directly from you when you create a Profile, fill out a form, provide a Submission through our Services, communicate with us via third-party platforms, participate in a campaign, make a purchase or donation, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information you provide varies depending on the way you interact with us. When you create a profile (“Profile”), we collect the following information from you:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Country of residence
In addition, you may choose to optionally provide the following information in your Profile:
- Preferred pronouns
- Social media handles
- Any other information you choose to provide
If you make a purchase, we engage a third-party payment processor that collects and processes your payment information. When you engage in transactions relating to non-fungible tokens (“NFT(s)” or similar transactions, we engage a third-party to verify your identity. The information your provide our identity verification provider includes:
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Phone number
- Bank account information or Card Card (card number and expiration date)
- ID document
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information about your interactions with us or our Services, including:
- Activity Information: We collect information about your activity on our Services, such as browser and device information, approximate geolocation, and session statistics.
- Transactional Information: When you make a purchase or donation, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and the date and location of the transaction.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, and browser type. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Location Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device. You may stop the collection of precise location information at any time (see the Your Choices section below for details).
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and those who perform work for us) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about your interactions with the Services. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from other sources. For example, we may collect information from identity verification services, advertising networks, data analytics providers, and mailing list providers. Additionally, if you create or log into your Henoscene Profile through a third-party platform (such as Facebook or Google), we will have access to certain information from that platform, such as your name, birthday, and profile picture, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such platform.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about our approximate location based on your IP address or your interest in certain campaigns based on your previous activity.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide you Services and to enable you to participate in campaigns and interact with brands to create social impact. We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, improve, and develop new products and services, including to debug and repair errors in our Services;
- Enable you to provide a submission or other content in response to a campaign (collectively, “Submission(s)”)
- Process your transactions and/or donations;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, support messages and other transactional or relationship messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and campaigns offered by Henoscene and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our products and services;
- Facilitate campaigns and promotions and process and deliver submissions and rewards;
- Personalize advertisements on third party platforms and websites;
- Detect, investigate, and help prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and help protect the rights and property of Henoscene and others;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- Create de-identified, anonymized, or aggregated information; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected or to which you consent or provide us direction.
Disclosure of Information
We disclose personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- We disclose or make available personal information to vendors that access personal information to perform work for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, shipping and delivery, payment processing, identity verification, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
- If you provide a Submission on our Services, we disclose and display information associated with your Submission on our Services, including your Profile information, which is viewable by any others who have a Profile.
- If you participate in a campaign by commenting, voting, or otherwise posting information, we disclose and display your Profile information on our Services, which is viewable by any others who have a Profile.
- If your Submission is selected as a winner of a campaign, we disclose information to brands to the extent necessary for you to receive your award or prize.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Henoscene, our users, the public, or others.
- We disclose personal information to our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may disclose personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Personal information is disclosed between and among Henoscene and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
We also use and disclose aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you in accordance with applicable law.
Advertising and Analytics
We also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third-party platforms (such as Facebook and Instagram). As part of these ad campaigns, we or the third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
Our Services are not intended for or directed to individuals under 14 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from those under the age of 14. If we become aware that we collected information from someone under the age of 14, we will delete that information.
Transfer of Information to the United States and Other Countries
Henoscene is headquartered in the United States and we have operations and vendors in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and those that perform work for us may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. Where required by law, we provide adequate protection for the transfer of personal data in accordance with applicable law.
You may update and correct certain Profile information at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. If you wish to deactivate your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving text messages or promotional emails from Henoscene by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.